About The Leading Brain
Powerful Science-Based Strategies for Achieving Peak Performance
Effective leadership is no longer an age-old art. It's an exciting new science.
Thanks to breathtaking breakthroughs in neuroscience, we don't need to merely speculate on the behavior of our brains. We can actually watch them in action. What we've learned has the potential to radically change the way we lead and succeed.
In its nine chapters, The Leading Brain takes you on a journey that starts with using brain science to consistently achieve individual peak performance and concludes by helping you apply these findings to create high-performing teams.
- Chapter 1, "Find Your Sweet Spot," provides the ingredients for the neurochemical cocktail that produces peak performance.
- Chapter 2, "Regulate Your Emotions," explores the X factor that can make or break that performance.
- Chapter 3, "Sharpen Your Focus," offers a brain-based solution for a growing problem, effectively maintaining and sustaining your attention in a world awash in information overload.
- Chapter 4, "Manage Habits," shows you how to gain an upper hand on adopting good routines and eliminating bad ones.
- Chapter 5, "Unleash Your Unconscious," takes things an exciting step further, by tapping into the impressive strength and efficiency of a part of your brain that, by definition, you are unaware of.
- Chapter 6, "Foster Learning," introduces the exciting concept of neuroplasticity, which shows how you can keep rewiring your brain and improving your abilities throughout your entire life.
- Chapter 7, "Thrive on Diversity" redefines what diversity means, maps out the brain chemicals that make people different, and offers ways to assemble the best combinations of coworkers.
- Chapter 8 "Cultivate Trust," focuses in one of the most important and yet largely underappreciated aspects of effective teams and outlines the crucial levers that can draw people together or drive them apart.
- And, finally, Chapter 9, "Develop the Team of the Future," shows you how to do just that. It explores the science behind finding and training top talent and provides the factors that can enable teams to achieve a remarkable level of energy, productivity, and satisfaction.
Praise for The Leading Brain
An exciting, pragmatic journey through the fascinating workings of our minds and motivations. Managers who read The Leading Brain are sure to find a wealth of insights and strategies that they can easily and intuitively apply in the workplace. This one book could significantly change your leadership style.
Concrete, energetic, and accessible, this is a must-read for anyone who takes a science-backed approach to business.
The Leading Brain is the best integration of neuroscience and leadership that I have ever seen.
Having worked closely with Friederike in the past, I am pleased that The Leading Brain applies her outstanding expertise in neuropsychology to meet the tough, real-world challenges that today's business leaders face. The fact that this book's goal is to create a better, more ethical working world makes it especially compelling for me.
What an interesting and helpful book. Fabritius and Hagemann have introduced the most important findings of modern neuroscience to the business community —offering us a host of new skills to excel at work, and even with friends and family. It's highly original, remarkably informative and insightful, even humorous in many spots. I am so happy to have read it! You will be too.
The Leading Brain covers a vast array of fascinating topics, such as habit formation, emotional regulation, intuition, and optimal decision making. There are tons of useful strategies in this book that you can apply to your life and your work right away!
The Leading Brain is as insightful as it is accessible. In teaching us how our brain works, we are in the advantageous position of making our brains work better. This book is a must read for anyone who is a leader, will be a leader -- or even for those being led.
Really enjoyable and informative. Covers much of what I teach my students, that they must take command of their own psychological machinery to be successful in any endeavor. I hope to incorporate many of the lessons in my lectures and recommend the book to my students.
Amusing and inspiring. Most of the books in this domain explain behavioral patterns by using observation and experimentation…Looking at these phenomena through the lens of neuroscience definitely adds plausibility to the picture. I found The Leading Brain to be very well written and, for me, it was indeed a page-turner.
The book is fantastic! Well-written, good examples, excellent structure. And, unlike so many business books, which can be an ordeal to get through, The Leading Brain also has a fine sense of humor. Reading it produces the very feeling of “flow” that the authors describe so well.
Very good, extremely helpful, great examples, a must-read.
Real leadership begins and ends in the brain. Science has changed the world throughout the ages and thanks to this book, it can finally change leadership for the good of mankind.
Breathtaking. It’s both a lecture on modern sciences and kind of a thriller. I’ve never read a book on management so fast.